Vacature: Project Planner (Trainee)
On November 1st 2017 Damco Aluminium Delfzijl Cooperatie U.A. in short “ALDEL” made a successful restart. In 2018 and 2019 investments are made to start up the remaining production capacity. ALDEL is a unique Aluminium Smelter in the Netherlands (Delfzijl) and produces a high quality aluminium by means of an electrolytic reduction process. After the electrolytic reduction process primary aluminium is casted in our cast house and ultimately we sell it to our customers in various alloys. For the (re)start of various technical (mechanical and electric) projects we are searching for a (Trainee ) Project Planner – Engineer. Would you like to know more about ALDEL visit our website.
Our new colleague will be closely working with our current planning-engineer. He will report directly to our projects manager. This person will be knowledgeable/trained in the following areas:
- Reading of engineering drawings and assessing requirements for scope of work. As well as material requirements and possibly estimation of manhours and/or duration of work.
- Liaise with different departments on potential engineering issues.
- Mark up drawings for status or correction of incorrect works.
- Locate and transfer information required to support successful execution of all tasks.
- Data input into Primavera software P6.
- Export and import of P6 data to accelerate data verification and input.
- Prepare logic sequencing for Engineering. Procurement, Construction and Maintenance.
- Understanding and communication of Planning priorities.
- Develop recovery strategies for delayed milestones.
- Design and development of Planning reports.
- Design and population of both Issue and Risk Registers.
- Design and application of Risk Matix/Scoring Matrix.
- Interfacing and assessing each issue, including impact analysis.
- Assembling and conducting Risk & Issue Focus groups.
- Identifying potential material delays, coordinating both internal and external work-teams.
- Ensure prompt delivery of materials to the correct work face/team.
- Verifying material ordered for both quality and quantity (discrepancies).
- Check for damage at point of delivery.
- Explore alternative sources for critical parts.
- Ensure that the project milestones is delayed due to material delivery issues.
- Preferred minimum of four (4) year mechanical engineering degree from university.
- May have a Technical School diploma, or equivalent some work experience in a “trades” background.
What we offer
First of all we offer the opportunity to be taught by the best. Your teachers are truly experts in their field. We would like to give you a technical all-round opportunity in engineering. In other words, we challenge you in developing your own expertise. Finally we offer you a change to build a new ALDEL with world class aluminium ambitions. Your salary will be in accordance with our collective labour agreement and your own experience.
How to apply
Your application should contain a CV and a motivation letter. If you would like further information do not hesitate and contact us via 0596-638555 and ask for Miranda West.